Disclaimer: I was HORRIBLE at taking pictures on this trip! Still gathering pics from everyone, and the ones I have on here are from my phone.
Flying pregnant is...........no fun. It's a little but harder to get comfortable. And I couldn't really take any sleep aids....bah. But, it was wonderful to fly in over the wasatch front....our mountains! Never gets old.
| Mountain Peaks poking out of the clouds! |
I was greeted at the airport by the fam! Mom, Dad, Annie, Jess, baby Liam and Oscar Dog of course! It was so good to see them....especially little Liam! He has gotten so big! We headed back to the house, where we helped Mom get a buffet dinner ready for the whole Pinnock clan. Before everyone came over, Dad and I headed to see Grandma Pinnock at Sunrise. I think she was pretty surprised to see me pregnant! Andy and I wanted Utah to be our opportunity to tell everyone, and I am so glad I waited! We had a nice visit with Grandma and she was pretty happy that we are adding to her great-grandchildren flock. The three of us were surprised by Uncle Marc's impromptu visit! He was quite surprised by the news as well! The four of us had a great visit!
We then surprised the rest of the Pinnocks!!!!! I hadn't really planned ahead how exactly I wanted to tell everyone, so I just came into the kitchen where everyone was gathered, unzipped my coat and TADA! Everyone was pretty stoked! It was fun to catch up with everyone!
I should have blogged about each day we were at home, but I swear the minute I walk into my parent's home, I click into relaxation and vacation mode. I will do my best to give a few details of each day!
Tuesday, Dec. 16th
-my morning started early.....about 3:30am! Darn jetlag. But I got to FaceTime with my hubby, which was really nice.
-Mom and I headed to the custom framer to get my oil paintings framed for my upcoming show in Geneva. Found some beautiful options!
-Went to see Dr. Giauque! He's been my dentist from the beginning! Good news, No Cavities!
-Picked up Jess from work and we went and got some Rubios! Love some sister time!
-came back to the house and chilled out with Mom and Boo and Liam for a bit. Love Liam!
-Dad came home and we all met up with Jake at Tsunami! Managed to find some safe sushi for the growing baby;)
Wednesday, Dec. 17th
-Had a nice visit with Grandma Marilyn. She always perks up when she sees Liam, and she was excited about our news! So good to be with her!
| Fun with Grandma and a spoon! |
-Went to Costco with Mommy! Miss Costco!
-Watched the Michael Buble Christmas showcase on TV with Mom, Jess and Boo whilst we ate salad and paninis!
-Managed to stay awake for half of Home Alone 2
Thursday, Dec. 18th
-Me and Liam got to have some one-on-one time! Jess needed to work, so I got to tend! We had a lot of fun!
| Selfies with my favorite little guy! |
-Ran some errands with Mom, Boo and Jess! got to go "wedding night" shopping for Boo and Maternity shopping for we---Wowee!
-Happy Birthday Grandma Pinnock! Her birthday was the coming sunday, but we celebrated that night at Sunrise and had our Annual Pinnock Christmas exchange! always a party!!!!!!!
| Probably my favorite pic of this little guy from the trip! |
Friday, Dec. 19th
-Cleaned up the house a bit, chilled with Jess and Liam, then ran some errands.
-Had lunch with my Rylee girl at Cafe Rio!!!! I got to meet her sweet baby Ruby for the first time! we had a great time catching up!
| Rylee and Baby Ruby!!!!! |
-Ran some more errands, and then headed over to meet up with my London ladies, Carly, Brookie, Lauren and Katy! We all had Zupas take-out and ate at Carly and Chase's beautiful home. It was the first time we had all been together for a year and a half, so it was fun to catch up!
Saturday, Dec. 20th
-Made breakfast with Jess, Jake, Boo, Hughbie and Daddy!!!!! We all enjoyed some youtube videos, and then us girls tried to do a Barre workout in the kitchen. Little more difficult pregnant, so it must have been pretty funny to watch!
-I got to go pick up my AB Baby from the airport with Jeddy!!!!!!! Happy day when my hubby arrived safe and sound!
-The three of us headed back to Jed's and chilled out for a bit. Jed let me have some Lucky Charms...yummy.....
-We went over to David and Erin Dyreng's for the Brown extended family Christmas party! This was a big night because we were going to tell the Browns our news! It was fun to see everyone's faces! I think Andy's mom was the most surprised! We loved being with everyone! We enjoyed a wonderful buffet of food, talked with everyone, and the kids put on a Nativity. We all sang songs, enjoyed some of Aunt Val's homemade caramel ice cream, and just talked. It was also great to be with Grandma Brown.
-Went back to Byron and Jennifer's and watched some TV downstairs with Lauren, Brig, Byron, Jennifer, Jed and Claire.
-Drove back to Salt Lake and hit the sack:)
Sunday, Dec. 21st
-Happy Birthday Grandma Pinnock!
-Went to cousin Sarah's homecoming! She gave a great talk, we are so proud of her and her missionary service!
-Jon and Laura through a great homecoming lunch! Fun to be with everyone!
-Power went out, so we chilled out at Mom and Dad's all together by candlelight:)
-once power came on, we ladies made a pasta dinner and had a great evening together!
Monday, Dec. 22nd
Tuesday, Dec. 23rd
-Drove up to Salt Lake, where Andy met with Dr. Giauque for his dentist appt. No cavities!
-Andy and I got some Lone Star tacos!!!!!!!
-We did a little bit of Christmas shopping, then headed to the Sainsbury Christmas party! Fun to see everyone!
-Andy and I came back to Byron and Jennifer's and watched Meet Me in St. Louis, one of my favorite Christmas movies.
Wednesday, Dec. 24th
-Christmas Eve! Unfortunately, Andy woke up with a stomach bug:( He rested the whole morning, while I ran some last minute errands and helped Byron and Jennifer get the Christmas Eve lunch ready.
-All of Andrews brothers and sisters (minus Nate, Alissa and fam:( ) came over for lunch. The food was amazing!!!!!!!!! We all stuffed ourselves, then headed into the living room for the grandkid's talent show and the sibling gift exchange.
-We made our way to Salt Lake. Mom and Jess were getting dinner ready. Tradition: Buffet spread of all sorts of yumminess--honey baked turkey sandwiches, coconut shrimp, salad, chips and dip.....yum.
-watched a Christmas movie with hot chocolate and popcorn
-Read Luke II and opened Christmas jammies. Liam kinda stole the show with his striped elf pjs:)
| The elf pajamas! |
| Good tree topper? |
| love this pic! |
-Bedtime!
Thursday, Dec. 25th
-CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!!! And it snowed a lot!!!!!!!
| I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!!!! |
-We all opened presents around the tree and made eggs benedict for breakfast!
| believe it or not, we cracked another one after this pic was taken and it was a double! Trader Joes, where do you get your awesome eggs? |
| Mom and CaCa with the good stuff! |
| oh yumminess! |
| cuddling with the little man! |
-Got to talk to Elder Stevo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great video chat! We miss him!
| Elder Stevo via G-Chat! |
-Went to Lindon to open presents with the Browns. We enjoyed buffet goodies and had fun watching all the kids open presents.
-Saw Unbroken. good movie!
Friday, Dec. 26th
-Had a lazy morning watching Myth Busters with Dad!
-went to brunch at Normandie Cafe with Jess and Jake! Best place ever for brunch!
-went and saw Immitation Game with Mom and Dad, followed by Taqueria 27.
-Played Rook with Mom and Dad
Saturday, Dec. 27th
-Had breakfast with the Holt Family! They are dear friends from my mission and have just moved to North Salt Lake. We had a yummy breakfast and they gave us the grand tour of their home!
-Headed down to Lindon to spend some time at Browns. Andy and I were both a little under the weather, so we lazed around with Byron, Jennifer, and Jed. Pretty nice!
-ran a few errands with Claire--gotta love Costco and Williams and Sonoma!
-Got Kneaders take out and watched Princess Bride with Byron, Jennifer, Jed, Claire&Adam and kids, and Brig and Lauren. Way fun!
Sunday, Dec. 28th
-Went to our ward in Millcreek. So wonderful to see neighbors and friends!
-Andy and I watched A Muppet Christmas Carol and took a little snooze. Much needed.
-Dinner down at Browns!
Monday, Dec. 29th
-Got breakfast at Kneader's with Angie and Michael Green! Angie and I were mission comps and have stayed amazing friends. We are both expecting! I am just a few weeks behind Angie:) So Fun to visit!
| Pregnant compies and friends! |
| did NOT plan the matching outfit thing! |
| The Browns and the Greens! |
-Went up to Salt Lake with Byron and Jennifer. We drove Jed to the airport for his Florida trip, ran a few errands, and then got Smashburger with Byron and Jennifer! Yum!
-went back to my parents, where all the siblings were gathered for a chill evening. We drove through the snowstorm because we all REALLY felt like some Coldstone. yes. Coldstone and a snowstorm. I think Liam liked his first taste of the good stuff!
| I think he likes it! |
-Helped Annie move some things into hers and Trent's apartment. Had a little FHE about the Temple to help Annie prepare for her endowment the next day!
Tuesday, Dec. 30th
-Had a bit of a lazy morning, but then kicked into high gear getting ready for our temple session! Annie's first time! Had last minute struggles figuring out how Andy and i were going to get temple clothes.....we left ours in Geneva (minus my dress). Good news--Draper Temple will make a special case renting clothes out to you ONLY if you live abroad and are just visiting. Check check!
-Realized in the dressing room that my preggers belly and rib cage have grown quite a bit. Oh dear. Managed to zip it up...barely. Jess had to unzip it part way through the session because I couldn't breathe. Whoops. But it was a wonderful session and a very special time to be all together for Annie getting her endowment. Missed our Elder Stevo though!
-Oh, I felt the baby kick for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the temple!!!!!!! Way cool!
-After the temple, we made our way to Marc and Jennie's, where the Pinnocks were throwing Annie and Trent the family wedding shower!!! We ate delicious enchiladas, chips and salsa, salad and cheesecake. Annie and Trent opened the family gift--a Bosch kitchen mixer! We all went around the circle giving advice to the Bride and Groom to-be! Fun time all together!
-All the girl cousins had a slumber party and watched Leap Year over at David and Annette's house. We watched the movie down in me and Andy's first apartment;) Good times!
Wednesday, Dec. 31st
-my cold/cough had gotten progressively worse, so Andy and I hit up the Instacare. Way fun....not. Found out that I didn't have the flu thank goodness, and got some medicine to help with the cough. Andy is a trooper!
-met up with Mom, Boo and Jess for a mother-daughter lunch at CPK. Had a great time with Annie and offered advice for marriage:) Highlight was Liam knocking over and breaking a water glass. You have to be super cute to get away with that!
-Went and did some shopping at Fashion Place. We introduced Liam to something a wee bit too early--Victoria's Secret for routine bra shopping. He had fun pulling bras off the hooks in the dressing room. Gotta admit, it was pretty funny!
| Oh dear! |
| Drowning! |
-After the mall, Me & Andy, Jess & Jake, Missy & Spencer, Hughbie, Kali & Matias went to Spice Bistro for some New Year's Eve Indian food. Always delicous, and always a good time with siblings and cousins!
-Andy and I headed up to Centerville to hang out with Brandon & Tiffany Butler and Ty and Lexi Linton. Brandon and Ty are friends of Andy's from BYU and all of us get to be friends! we had a good time talking and eating rootbeer and vanilla ice cream!
-So tired! Bedtime! Oh, and happy 2015!!!!!!!
Thursday, Jan. 1st
-Went to the Egg and I with Trent and Annie for breakfast! Fun double!
- I was still feeling pretty crappy, so I parked it on the couch and slept for a few hours. Andy spent some time in Lindon, and everyone else worked over at Jess and Jake's new house.
-Had Cafe Rio take out with the fam and watched The Fault in Our Stars with Annie and Jess.
Friday, Jan. 2nd
-Uncle Bill & Aunt Melanie, Jennifer, Christina & kids, Elizabeth, Uncle Bob & Aunt Sharon, Julie & girls, and Michael all came over for lunch! We made paninis with clam chowder, and just hung out. So fun to catch up with everyone!
-Annie and Trent's wedding dinner!!!!!! Rodizio Grill was the place! Englishes planned a great program, complete with speeches, a huge candy gram, funny gifts from the siblings, and Trent singing a beautiful song to Annie. Beautiful evening!
Saturday, Jan. 3rd
-Did we hear WEDDING BELLS?!?!?!??!
-Annie and Trent got married!!!!! Elder Wells sealed them in the Salt Lake Temple! It was a beautiful sealing ceremony, and Trent and Annie looked really happy! So wonderful to have family and friends there.
![]() |
| Wahoo! |
![]() |
| Sibling hug! |
| The Newlyweds! |
![]() |
| All of the Pinnock side! |
![]() |
| Probably our favorite pic. Zoom in on Jake and Liam. Pretty epic. |
![]() |
| The Garretts! |
![]() |
| Siblings! Minus Stevo:( |
![]() |
| Grandmama! |
-After, Jess & Jake and Andy & me got Rubios and brought it back to their house. Talked for a bit.
-Headed over to Mom and Dad's, got ready for the reception.
-Reception at This is the Place Garden Room! The room was gorgeously decorated, and there was a street Taco buffet with a killer band and music! This is probably one of the funnest receptions i have ever been to! We all just ate and danced, ate and danced! And talked to A LOT of people. Really fun to see dear friends. Annie and Dad had a dance, then she and Trent had their dance. The bouquet and the garter were tossed, and we sent them off on their honeymoon with sparklers!
![]() |
| First Dance! |
-Jess and I hung out with Liam in the bridesmaids room. we were pooped. Helped take down some of the decorations and headed home!
-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sunday, Jan. 4th
-HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US!!!!!!!!!!
| Three years already? Happiest day ever!!!! |
-Had some street taco leftovers, then headed down to Lindon for a last dinner with Browns. Hung out with Byron, Jennifer, Jake & Beth & kids, and Adam & Claire & kids. Talmage and Calvin were our entertainment for the evening! We are going to miss our nieces and nephews when we go back to Geneva! Fun, fun night!
-Headed back to Salt Lake and played Rook with Mom and Dad. Dad and Andy cheated.
Monday, Jan. 5th
-Andy and I celebrated our Anniversary by going to Pei Wei and Sweet Tooth Fairy. Really nice to finally have a date together! Ran a few errands afterwards.
-Mom and Jess threw us a baby shower!!!!! Got to see wonderful friends and family! (And we got to enjoy some more street taco leftovers!)
![]() |
| Me, Rylee, and baby Ruby at the baby shower! |
Tuesday, Jan. 6th
-Andy had to work at the Salt Lake office:(
-Jess and Liam came over and we just had a chillax day with Mommy and ran a few last minute errands. So fun though! Made muddy buddies. Had to say goodbye to Jess and the Liam man. I cried.
-Last date night with Mom and Dad at Rice Basil. Yummy sushi and nice evening talking. And of course, we had to end the night with a game or two of Rook! I think Dad and Andy cheated again.
Wednesday, Jan. 7th
-Last day in Utah:(
-Packed:(
-Andy headed down to Lindon to spend some time with his mom and sisters. I went with Mom to see Grandma Marilyn. Good to see her before leaving.
-got some Rumbi and Sweet Tooth Fairy with Mommy. Last lunch together!
-Packed some more. Andy came back, we loaded bags in the car, and headed to the airport!
Bye Bye Utah!!!!!! such a fun time with Family and friends!!!! We will miss you!!!!!!
| View of the mountains. Beautiful! |










.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment