September
- We partied with the entire Pinnock clan up at Bear Lake! it was a little too cold for the beach, so we all hung out at the cabins, ate a lot of good food, talked, ate more food, and enjoyed being all together. Andy and I brought the Brown's tent trailer to sleep in....which we didn't realize would be such a hit! (it was kinda nice to get some peaceful sleep;) )
- back to reality.....:( Andrew's work kicked back into gear and I started a new part-time job at the Square Nest, a home decor store. While not at the store, I continued to prepare for my November art show.
- Andy spoiled me on my 25th birthday! The day started out going to get sushi and do some shopping with my mommy, and then Andy surprised me with an Ipad!!!!!!! It has become my new favorite toy that I use everyday! He then took me to Market Street Grill for an amazing dinner, cupcakes at Sweet Tooth Fairy (yum) and a movie at our apartment. Talk about an awesome birthday!
- we then babysat for the Rob and Andrea Ferguson clan! for 4 days, we all partied!
- We began to look for houses! Our fabulous realtor and friend Ken Bell showed us the house on Devereaux Way for the first time......
October
- Well, after a few weeks of debate and wondering should we or shouldn't we, we put an offer on 2883 Devereaux Way! More on this epic event later.........
- A few weeks later, (after a counteroffer, another counteroffer, and I think another counteroffer later, as well as a thorough inspection) we decided this would be our first home!
- Of course, the annual Halloween bashes at Uncle Marc and Aunt Jennie's (hot dogs and chili) and Uncle Jon and Aunt Laura's (for deluctable donuts!) Definitely a night I look forward to every year!
November
- We closed on the house! Kinda felt like we were signing our life away, so semi stressful and overwhelming. But, we are owners of a house, crazy!
- We got a new nephew, adorable Talmage Charles Brown! He is Adam and Claire's fourth and is beautiful!
- Thanksgiving! The day started out with pumkin waffles, and then we went to visit Grandpa Choules at Canyon Creek. We made a sweet memory by having mom feed him a piece of pumkin pie, made from Grandma Rosemary's recipe. it was a sweet, tender experience we will never forget! We then lazed around (well, i was frantically framing pieces for the art show) and helped mom get dinner ready. We had Aunt Janet, and Nate and Alison's family over, which was really fun. After a wonderful meal, Mom and Dad gave us gifts from their trip to Hawaii--dashboard hula dancers for the youngest three, and fertility goddess statuettes for us married siblings-ahh! I think our parents are hinting at something? Andrew and I then got sucked into an early Black Friday. Do not like Black Friday. Too tired. Don't know if it's worth getting up that early, but we got some winner purchases. I think I will hire someone to do black Friday purchases in the future.
- Demolition begins! Andrew, his brothers Adam, Jake, and Jed, dad Byron, mom Jennifer, my dad, sister Jess, brother Stephen, and brother Hugh all pitched in! Talk about a doozy. Not the most glamourous work, but we are so grateful for all they did to help!
- I held an art show "a Sense of Place" at Holladay City Offices. It was a great success, thanks to the support of incredible family and friends, and particularly my amazing husband and mother! Thanks to Mayor Webb for helping arrange the space!
December
- This month was an emotional one. After a week of struggle, my dear Grandpa Albert Choules passed away peacefully in his sleep. Us kids and my wonderful parents were able to be at his side those last few days and share memories we had with him. Mom stayed at his side until the end, a wonderful act of love. Grandpa was an incredible influence on so many, and we will miss him so much. We are at peace that he is reunited with is sweetheart, and we will always remember the legacy he left. Wonderful tributes were given by Aunt Jeanie, Mom, Uncle Bill, Uncle Bob, cousins Jennifer and Julie, and Elder Oaks at the funeral. I felt honored to share what he taught me. It was a sweet and tender week, and we all hope we can live up to the life he lived. He is a hero of mine and I will miss our talks, his winks, his humor, and what he taught me. I love you Grandpa! Times like these make us so grateful for the eternal plan of our Heavenly Father and the atoning sacrifice of our Savior. We are so grateful for the blessings of the temple that unite us as families eternally.
- Andrew and I picked out our first Christmas Tree! We listened to Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra as we strung lights and hung ornaments given to me over the years by grandparents. It was fun!
- We did our Christmas shopping whenever their was a spare moment, but our big present was our house!
- Christmas Eve was a lot of fun! We went down to the Browns for a wonderful dinner, Nativity, and Grandma Brown telling stories of her memorable Christmas Eves as a child. It was fun to be together, especially to have Grandma and Grandpa Brown there. Andrew and I drove back to Salt Lake with Grandma and Grandpa, and headed over to my parents' for another wonderful dinner, reading Luke II, and Mom gifting each of us with some of Grandpa's precious possessions and framed pictures of each of us with him. This whole past year has been a poignant and emotional one for my wonderful Mother. She has a gift for making things like this so special! The night ended with watching Home Alone 2, Christmas Story, and homemade hot chocolate with popcorn. All of us kids, with spouses included, piled into the guest room and had a sleepover!
- Christmas Morning!!!!!!!Another wonderful day with both of our families! We opened presents with my fam first, then headed down to the Browns for a lunch and presents. Andrew and I gave each other gifts--new shoes for Andy and a Le Creuset enamel dutch oven for me! Such a fun surprise. We then saw Les Miserables all together, which was awesome!
- talk about a wonderful year. We feel richly blessed, our love has grown, and we couldn't be more grateful for the memories we have shared and those who make our lives so wonderful. One year down, more amazing years to go! I love you Andrew!
No comments:
Post a Comment