Andy and I had the chance to get away down south for a long weekend, thanks to Mammy and Poppa. The boys were in good hands, so Andy played tour guide and showed me two of Utah's amazing National Parks I had never seen! And what a beautiful weekend it was!
We started at Capitol Reef National Park. OUr first day there was a little drizzly, but we still managed to get a small hike in and see some petroglyphs. The green valley that winds through the red rock canyons is so beautiful!
 |
| Our first hike |
 |
| how lucky am I! |
We ended the day with a yummy steak dinner and some hottubbing. Talk about relaxing!
We woke to a morning of blue skies and some eggs benedict! Hizzah!
We drove a ways through one of the canyons and did a short hike up to where we could see some beautiful views. We were able to find these neat pools sitting right on top of the cliffs.
We packed a picnic lunch and went to enjoy it in a nearby park surrounded by orchards. So pretty!
We did a longer hike where we saw the best views so far! The weather was so perfect and it felt so nice just to hike and talk. I think we realized how little uninterrupted time we have to talk.
 |
| The view from our second hike |
We ended the day with Mexican food and another relaxing evening back at the hotel.
The next day, we made our way to Bryce Canyon National park. I loved the drive! We packed a picnic once more and found a spot to eat within the park and drove to the different viewpoints. Talk about Majestic! Each national park I have been to is so unique and different. This one was filled with spectacular views as far as the eye could see. I was so frustrated with my camera because it couldn't do it justice. After we ate our lunch, we did a short little hike, checked into the hotel, and then ate a really yummy dinner in a lodge within the park. We even got to stargaze a little bit before heading back to the hotel where we watched some Charade!
 |
| The drive! |
 |
| First viewpoint |
 |
| Our first hike in the park! |
We made an early start the next day and hiked through the hoodoos! This was the hardest hike we did, but it was so cool! The hoodoo formations are so otherworldly! Very fun!
 |
| Hello hoodoos! |
 |
| one of our favorite views |
 |
| My man and me! |
 |
| Oh hey |
No comments:
Post a Comment