I wrote birth story letters to both Bennett and Jensen. Thought this summed up everything quite well:)
Dear Jensen,
Here we go! Your birth story!
Let's just say this. Summer has been Hhhhhhoooooootttttt. Your brother was born before it ever got too hot, so this was my first time going through half a summer preggers. Dr. Watts, our wonderful doctor here who has been seeing us every step of the way with this pregnancy, and us came to the decision that your birth would be induced a week before your due date. Let's just say, Bennett's birth did a number on mommy's body and it took a long time to recover. The nice thing about this way is it is scheduled!
I will be honest though, on the day before your birth, we were a little panicky. Were we ready? Physically, my body was ready and we had everything in the house ready. Bennett? Well, probably will never be ready for his world to be turned upside down. Emotionally? Well, I guess Daddy and I would never be fully prepared for each new addition because it is just that--new.
Monday evening, we had a pasta dinner and took Bennett to get some gelato. Bennett was going to have a new brother! We then dropped him off at Mammy and Poppa's house for a sleepover and Daddy and I went to the grocery store to make sure we had food for the week. We packed my bag for the hospital, cleaned up a little and tried to have a restful night's sleep. Daddy slept great. Me, not so much. Way too nervous and jittery.
 |
| Sweetaly Run with Benny Boo |
 |
| He liked my raspberry chocolate combo |
 |
| last night as an only child! |
i was asked to call the hospital at 6am the next day. Naturally, I was up at 5:30, just laying there waiting. I called and they told us to come in at 7:15. Wha?!?!?! So early, so soon! I hopped in the shower, got everything else together and headed to the hospital!
We got checked in and met our nurse Paige. She got me going on some pitocin to get contractions going. She asked if I wanted an epidural. So soon? The midwifes had me wait a long time before I could get one, so this seemed too good to be true. I said I wanted to wait and see, even though I was pretty certain I would want it.
We got watching some TV and about 20 minutes after contractions started, I wanted the drugs! It took a little while for the anesthesiologist to come. Longest minutes ever! I forgot how awful it is to get the epidural inserted, but man, after, heaven! Daddy and I just relaxed, ate popsicles and watched Fixer Upper.
A couple of hours passed and Dr. Watts came in to see how we were doing. I still had a little bit to go, but he assured us things were looking good. I told Daddy to go get some lunch. A little while after he left, I started to get nervous that things would move pretty quickly and he wouldn't get back in time. After about half hour, I started to feel you move downward. It didn't hurt, but I felt something moving down! I called for Paige to come in, and fortunately, Daddy came in right then! She checked my cervix and I was at a 9 1/2! They called Dr. Watts and started to get things ready!
 |
| my sweet nurse Paige |
I had a playlist ready to go and I was feeling good! Numb legs that Daddy had to keep from rolling off the bed, but we were feeling good! Dr. Watts told me to start pushing with each contraction. I must not have been very numb with Bennett because I remember feeling so exhausted and feeling pain. As I pushed this time, no pain and no exhaustion! In fact, we were listening to Sweet Baby James by James Taylor when you came out and I was as relaxed as the song! Helped I only pushed for about 15 minutes. Dr. Watts and Paige put us all at ease and the birth went great!
As soon as you came out, they put you right on my chest. I loved hearing your little cry and holding you close. Birth will never cease to amaze me. One minute, you are inside me, and then all of the sudden you are here and you are breathing. I don't know when your spirit entered, but it was miraculous!
 |
| Our first meeting! |
 |
| My little one! |
 |
| couldn't have been more perfect! |
After some time on my chest, the nurses got you cleaned up and we got to spend some time with just the three of us--you, Daddy and me. I loved that hour so much. You had become a part of our family. We were pretty sure what your name was going to be, but we felt like we had to spend some time with you to be sure. You had this adorable round face, dark blue eyes and the most beautiful lips. You were perfect! Long fingers and toes like Mommy and Daddy. All in all, you looked like your Daddy. You definitely had your own look my little one!
 |
| Daddy holding you for the first time! |
 |
| Total Sweetness |
We moved into our hospital room and a couple of hours later, Mammy and Poppa brought brother Bennett to the hospital to meet you! I think the surroundings made him a little nervous, I don't know if we prepared him very well for your arrival. But Mammy and Poppa loved holding and snuggling you. Uncle Stevo even came up from BYU to meet you!
 |
| Back in our room |
We were all pretty tired from the day, so after feeding you, we all slept! Welcome to the world Jensen!
 |
| nap time:) |
 |
| Twins |
We stayed in the hospital for two days. We had wonderful visits with Aunt Jess, Uncle Jake and cousins Liam and Bren, as well as Aunt Boo and Uncle Trent! They all enjoyed snuggling you! Poppa paid us a visit later that second day and just relished every second with you. All the time in between, you and I napped and you ate every few hours. We had wonderful nurses on staff who were so helpful in showing me the ropes of having another newborn. Daddy was there with us most of the time, which was nice.
 |
| Meeting Aunt Boo |
 |
| Brother Bennett coming to visit |
 |
| let's just say hospitals aren't his thing? |
 |
| My sistas |
 |
| First pic after name. Jensen Ray Brown |
 |
| swirly hair just like his bro! |
 |
| Best Daddy in the world! |
 |
| i will ALWAYS love this stink face pic;) |
 |
| Homeward Bound! |
After all of the routine tests and visits from doctors, we were discharged and brought you home!
No comments:
Post a Comment