Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Happy 2nd Birthday to our Little B!

I can't believe that our little guy is two already!!!!! Where does the time go? There was a lot of craziness with the funeral and other events, so we kept things really low key. Fortunately, when you are two, cake is all you need! The day after his birthday, we had a yummy dinner at Mammy and Poppa's, and then celebrated with cake, strawberries and cream! B loved everybody singing to him (and has proceeded to play that video over and over again:). He just took handful after handful of cake and shoved it in his mouth. Hey, your birthday comes but once a year!

He also got the royal spoil with presents--a farm set from Mammy and Poppa, a book from Uncle Stevo, and a wooden toy puzzle from Liam, Bren, Aunt Jess and uncle Jake! From us, he got some play dough tools, books and a scooter. Royal Spoil!

B's cake!

eating some cake!

Yumminess!



Present time!!!!


As sad as it is to see the time passing so fast, it is so fun to see him grow and develop a personality! Here is an excerpt from a letter that I wrote to him when he turned two!
"Happy Birthday my little sweetheart! Yes, you are two! Right now, it is the only number you can actually say, so it works out;)

It is crazy how much you have changed in just a month. As a last effort of survival in the last leg of busy season, I introduced you to Moana. You are obsessed! Up until now, you haven't shown the slightest interest in the TV. I don't know if it is the music or the characters, but all throughout the day, you come up to me and say "Mana! Maui! Gamma!" (Moana, Maui, Grandma--your 3 favorite characters in the movie I think). You haven't shown any interest in any other show, and to reign in the TV time, I bought the soundtrack and that keeps you pretty happy most of the time. Needless to say, we can quote the whole movie and have gotten our Moana fill. Fortunately, it is a cute movie with a good message. There are worse things you could be watching!
Maybe it is the extra screen time, but your tantrums have escalated! I am secretly hoping it is your two year old molars coming in, but the slightest things send you into a fury! It is especially bad some mornings and some post-nap afternoons. Nothing can console you for a good hour, and then all of the sudden something will perk you up. You are also into hair pulling. Not. Fun. You know how to grab right at the roots, even with Daddy. I am hoping that the more you can actually communicate with words, the less you will do that!

Ah, but the good. You still love to snuggle up to my belly in the tub or on the couch and say "Beby!" you delight in throwing rocks into any water--puddles in the gutter, a bucket in the backyard, or the toilet. We don't go on our walk around the block much anymore, which is kind of fine with me because my belly is getting huge and it is harder to keep up with you. You love sliding down the slide that our neighbors gave us and you love to pick up sticks and give them to me. And you love the dirt. You like to take handfuls of dirt and throw it down the slide or rub it in your hair. Andy also love running around naked. Nakedness just makes you happy! (except when you peed 6 times in less than 10 minutes all over the main floor......and our turkish rug. Bah.

You finally love the wooden train set your grandmas and grandpas got you for Christmas! You call them your choo choos. It is fun to see you get excited when they go down the track! You also are obsessed with Cat in the Hat and a Sick Day for Amos McGee. You can name all the animals, which makes Daddy and I really proud!

You are getting pretty good with food. Still not liking your veggies too much, but you love to dip things in anything, so that has become my method. You love pasta and tomato sauce, cherry tomatoes, cereal, applesauce, cheese, pancakes, scrambled eggs and fruit. Especially, you love french fries! We did a little too much eating out in Vegas I guess!

Lately, I have been loving the moments when I rock you before nap or bedtime. You lay your head on my chest and we just sing songs as you get tired. You give me endless kisses, love it when I nuzzle your neck and tickle you, and you ask for more songs! It is the part of day that I look forward to and can't get enough of.

Despite the tantrums and your darting off when I can't keep up with you, you have a sweet little temperament. you are pretty mellow most of the time and you are sweet with your kisses and snuggles. You also just make us laugh! You just do funny little things that brighten the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment