We left New Year's Eve morning and rode a bus down to Annecy. It was a beautiful ride! We got off the bus and just began exploring the town. Talk about gorgeous! We decided to go inside the cathedral, which is just a few minute's walk from the train station. It was really beautiful inside, and was still decorated for Christmas.
We were the only two in the church, except for one other person. I will be honest, I couldn't tell if this person was a man or woman. But like us, this person was looking all around, seemingly admiring the architecture. As we were walking back towards the door, we hear this long, echoeing bbbbbbbuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppp. Yep. probably one of the longest, grossest, belches I have ever heard. We could not help but bury our faces in our coats and bust up laughing when we left. Uh....who does that? Two things that do not usually go together: aspirational architecture, painting, and stained glass paired with the oral emmission of stomach gases. Quite funny. Quite the start to our tour of Annecy ;)
After we got over our laughter, we decided to take a walk along Lake Annecy. It was a crystal clear day, and the lake was so picturesque. It was nice to relax and just enjoy beauty.
We walked back towards the town, feeling a little hungry. We conveniently stumbled upon a cafe which is known for its delicous crepes! I ordered a crepe with banana and chocolate chocolate sauce, topped with chantilly cream, and Andrew got one filled with apple compote and caramel sauce, topped with more chantilly cream. I am salivating as I type!!!!!!!!!! They were so delicious!!! When in France!
We found a little street that meandered up towards the Chateau. I feel like the meandering side roads and alleyways just can't be replicated today, let alone even be considered when establishing a town. Back then, they seemed to build around nature rather than ripping down nature. And they made everything look beautiful and full of character.
Unfortunately, we were in Annecy on a Tuesday, which is the only day the Chateau is closed:( But we got to read the history of the Chateau on the plaquards outside, as well as experience some beautiful views!
We walked back down to town, went in and out of shops, and just absorbed the ambience. I will be honest though, I was freezing!!!!!!!!! Should have brought a warmer coat. I felt like I was strapped to Andrew's side the whole time just trying to stay warm.
| In Front of Lake Annecy |
It was a beautiful day trip! I must say though, it was nice to get back on the bus and thaw out a little bit! Before boarding the bus, we stopped at the market and got some cheese for our New Years fondue! I had been excited to try out my new fondue pot, so we decided to start a new tradition for New Years Eve. We got back to our apartment, roasted some potatoes and made a salad, and melted down our mixture of cheese in my cute new pot. Really loving the cheese and potato goodness here. After our fondue-ing, we just got in our sweats and watched a movie. Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment